Duration 9 Hrs
May 15th – Sep 15th
* ACCORDING TO YOUR CONCIERGE
Luxury Whale Shark Charter
Snorkel with Whale Sharks in Cancun
This is an overwhelming experience that connects you with mother nature. Snorkel with whale sharks is a privilege available while staying in Cancun. Indulge yourself in the turquoise waters, snorkel next to one of the most ancient and beautiful sea creatures, surrounded by manta rays and a wide variety of tropical fishes.
What to expect
MAYACHARTERS will take you there with comfort, safety, and professionalism. To make sure you will share this experience back home, we will provide you with a GoPro Camera and a complimentary 16GB memory card.
Get ready for an exciting experience on board our one of a kind brand new speedboat, equipped with cabin and WC. Put your gear on and prepare yourself to snorkel with the gentle giant whale sharks, the biggest fish on the planet. Whale sharks come every year from May to September to Isla Contoy to feed on plankton.
Whale Shark Highlights
All crew members have signed a strict NDA to guaranty you PRIVACY. It basiclly boils down to not informing anybody who the customers are in advance, nor talk about what happened on the boat and certainly not take any pictures.
Supplementary (at cost)
Alcoholic Beverages (only after the activities in the water are finished)
For the total satisfaction of our clients, MAYACHARTERS® will never overbook any activity and, we’ll always confirm your reservation or offer an alternative schedule in case of not availability. These are our cancellation and notification procedures: Please be on time 15 minutes before pick-up.
All activities departures may change or be canceled due to weather or sea conditions. We allow us and reserve the rights to change schedules without prior notice. If you are late for your tour, and your tour leaves without you, we will be unable to issue a refund. However, we will make every effort to accommodate you on a later tour. All our activities take place in Cancun and run in local time (Central Time), we cannot give a refund for tours missed due to time differences, so make sure you know what time you’re on.
Activities taking place in the water have certain restrictions for your safety.
People with injuries, pregnant, people with diabetes, heart problems, epileptic fits, asthma, hypertension, under alcohol influence or other substance, disabled or mental disordered or under drugs or medications and claustrophobic persons, are not allowed in the water.
Minors under 10 years old are not allowed to do any diving and have to do something else while the others are diving.
- Be careful on the approach to the boat and enter carefully.
- On board the boat, please remove shoes and place them in the front.
- Check in with the responsible Diveguide on board.
- Check that your equipment is on board and complete, notfy Dive Master immediately if any items are missing.
Before we sail you will be given a boat orientation to include
- Introductons to the Crew
- Smoking is prohibited on the Boat!
- Oxygen, Safety & First Aid Equipment
- Catering Facilites
- Details of the Destnaton & Plan
We would recommend that before you leave harbor
- You assemble your equipment
- Take any moton sickness medicaton you may think you could need on arrival at the destnaton there will be
- A full dive and snorkel briefng regarding the site, conditons and boat safety rules
BOAT Safety Rules
- Never leave or jump from the boat without notfying the responsible Guide or Instructor.
- Always wait for the responsible guide or instructor to enter the water frst
- to make an assessment of the sea conditons and to ensure the propellers have stopped.
- Avoid swimming under the boat even when statonary, moored or anchored.
- Avoid approaching the back of the boat from underwater, especially during drif dives.
- Divers must always carry and use a surface marker buoy [SMB] with a reel during all dives.
- Always carry on all dives an audible alarm such as a storm whistle and a SMB!
- Always keep enough distance to the diver on the exit ladder afer the dive
- to avoid an accident
We hope you will enjoy the tme with us and wish you amazing and safe Watersports experience!
Since the Whale Sharks have left the Maya Riviera, you can book our Whale Shark Tour with us as soon as they are back between May and September.